Writing a story is difficult. I’m having a particularly hard time staying focused on my current project. But a took a break from it to express my feelings about how easy it is to take hours getting nothing written.
1. Sit somewhere comfy with your laptop.
2. Stare at a blank page for some time.
3. Get distracted by something shiny.
4. Finish (or, if necessary, start) reading the shiny thing.
5. Get back to writing.
6. Try to figure out when you started playing video games, then stop playing them.
7. Give up.